Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I opened an “update” on my IMac (). I got two messages, a folder labeled “libexec” and a pop up which reads “ServiceRecords”. Also shows a yellow triangle with a exclamation point in the triangle. I can’t close the pop up. Need help.

I opened an update on my IMac (6years old) and got two messages. First, a folder named libexec and second, a pop up which reads “ServiceRecords” will damage your computer. I have tried to close the pop up but it keep coming back. I don’t know what to do next. Can you help?

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 2:26 PM

From where did you download this "update"?

I recommend that download and run Malwarebytes

It’s a safe and recommended utility from a trusted developer and respected ASC contributor. The application scans for adware and malware and is a popular tool among veteran users here in the Community. See if it can identify any malware you may have accidentally installed. The free version is probably all you need at this point.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 2:26 PM in response to Kjr18-5363

From where did you download this "update"?

I recommend that download and run Malwarebytes

It’s a safe and recommended utility from a trusted developer and respected ASC contributor. The application scans for adware and malware and is a popular tool among veteran users here in the Community. See if it can identify any malware you may have accidentally installed. The free version is probably all you need at this point.

I opened an “update” on my IMac (). I got two messages, a folder labeled “libexec” and a pop up which reads “ServiceRecords”. Also shows a yellow triangle with a exclamation point in the triangle. I can’t close the pop up. Need help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.