Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove message upon opening

Since installing Monterey, I get this message shortly after opening: "kav_agent quit unexpectedly"

It also gives the following info: /Library/Application Support/Kaspersky Lab/*/Kaspersky Anti-Virus Agent app/ Contents/MacOS/kav_agent

The thing is I deleted - or so I thought - my Kaspersky Anti-Virus app months ago.

I do I get rid of this message upon opening?

Thanks in advance

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 2:20 AM

Was the removal of the software done by the Specific Instruction of the Developer ?

If not check with the Developer, as they have an uninstaller or at least very specific method require to totally remove the software including reinstalling then removing it by their method.

If Drag and Drop was used to remove the software it have have left elements of the application behind.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 2:20 AM in response to Bob13018

Was the removal of the software done by the Specific Instruction of the Developer ?

If not check with the Developer, as they have an uninstaller or at least very specific method require to totally remove the software including reinstalling then removing it by their method.

If Drag and Drop was used to remove the software it have have left elements of the application behind.

Nov 8, 2021 6:51 AM in response to Bob13018

One more tool to consider - if willing ?

This one may offer the actually location of the Kernel, then can see about removal.

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor receive compensation from the Developer.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Remove message upon opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.