Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pronto message on my mac air

Why do I keep receiving a message about Pronto app since my latest download of Catalina asking me to put it in the trash?. I cannot find it anywhere on my laptop but the message keeps reappearing. Do I need to download something like spy hunter to remove this from my machine? I would appreciate some help please.

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 12:31 PM

Hello PurpleWisteria,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that since upgrading your iMac to macOS Catalina that you’re getting a notification to move Pronto app to the trash. You’re unable to locate the app. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here: How to block pop-ups in Safari - Apple Support

If you’re still getting the pop-up, please download Malwarebytes here and run it: Malwarebytes | Malwarebytes for Mac — Mac Antivirus Replacement | Malwarebytes

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2019 12:31 PM in response to PurpleWisteria

Hello PurpleWisteria,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that since upgrading your iMac to macOS Catalina that you’re getting a notification to move Pronto app to the trash. You’re unable to locate the app. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here: How to block pop-ups in Safari - Apple Support

If you’re still getting the pop-up, please download Malwarebytes here and run it: Malwarebytes | Malwarebytes for Mac — Mac Antivirus Replacement | Malwarebytes

Take care.

Oct 23, 2019 3:34 AM in response to green500

Thank you for your help. The problem is now solved, I had rung Apple Support as I was very concerned and they gave me excellent support, exactly as you have done. They talked me through everything and now have malware on my laptop, they found 11 bad things which have now been erased. I will take a lot of notice of your suggestions thank you.

Pronto message on my mac air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.