Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screwed up elliptical calories during a workout

My iWatch5 incorrectly tabulates the rate for the my elliptical. If I use the elliptical correctly the active calories are 100 different from the total. If I take my arm that the watch is on and wave it around the whole time it decreases this. I can put the elliptical on before and walk around until it collect the amount of inconsistent calories and then do the elliptical. The strange thing I notice in doing this I start the elliptical and my pulse rate is in the 140 to 160 range which is higher than walking around and my watch will ask be if I am done exercising with a heart rate of 153. Each update recently has seemed to make this worse and not correct it. I think they are trying to use GPS date and with an elliptical you are not moving. I know they off as I am sweating by the end of the elliptical. Is there are fix for this or will they be fixing the app.

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 1, 2021 8:04 AM in response to Community User

I have recalibrated my watch and it does not fix this. The problem is it is probably using GPS date. Many ellipticals have fixed hand positions that monitor your pulse. So your hand and wrist that the watch is on are stationary and not moving. Meanwhile you are doing steps at a rate of 110/minute which gets my heart rate up to 153 and I am sweating and my watch asked me if I am done working out. That is not a calibration problem with the elliptical part, it is a problem with that part of the program and should be fixed. You have to base an elliptical program on heart rate not how much a person's wrist is moving. I have actually recalibrated twice on two updates and it did not fix this problem at all.

Screwed up elliptical calories during a workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.