Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods pro connection problem with MacBook pro

My AirPod pro won't connect to MacBook pro...they list as "not connected" and the spinning wheel won't go away. I also can't close out bluetooth preferences as a result. I've tried the main help pages advice to no avail, I've reset the bluetooth module and no changes, I've checked software updates, reset the machine and AirPods, turned everything off and on....noting seems to be working.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 7:53 PM

derp_derplesby Said:

"AirPods pro connection problem with MacBook pro: My AirPod pro won't connect to MacBook pro...they list as "not connected" and the spinning wheel won't go away. I also can't close out bluetooth preferences as a result. I've tried the main help pages advice to no avail, I've reset the bluetooth module and no changes, I've checked software updates, reset the machine and AirPods, turned everything off and on....noting seems to be working."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Connection...

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 7:53 PM in response to derp_derplesby

derp_derplesby Said:

"AirPods pro connection problem with MacBook pro: My AirPod pro won't connect to MacBook pro...they list as "not connected" and the spinning wheel won't go away. I also can't close out bluetooth preferences as a result. I've tried the main help pages advice to no avail, I've reset the bluetooth module and no changes, I've checked software updates, reset the machine and AirPods, turned everything off and on....noting seems to be working."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Connection...

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

Sep 30, 2021 7:55 PM in response to derp_derplesby

derp_derplesby Said:

-------

Troubleshooting Bluetooth:

Enable Bluetooth on Both:

Try enabling Bluetooth on both devices.

B. Verify the Connection:

First off, see if the headphones are is even seen: 

1. Hold Down: the Option key
  2. Click: the Apple menu
  3. Choose: System Information or System Report
  4. Select: Audio and Bluetooth from the list on the left
  5. Look For: your AirPods

Then...

C. Reset the Bluetooth Module:

See if Bluetooth is getting in the way here.  Bluetooth may be in a constant loop of not being able to connect.  Go Here: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tips

Oct 3, 2021 9:11 PM in response to derp_derplesby

derp_derplesby Said:

"AirPods pro connection problem with MacBook pro: They won't connect at all in the first place...it isn't a matter of the AirPods not performing. The bluetooth doesn't seem to be functioning. I tried to connect my old standard AirPods and the same thing happened. Both the AirPods pros and the MacBook are new."

-------

Return the AirPods --you have 14 days to do so.

AirPods pro connection problem with MacBook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.