Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closing tabs in Google Chrome

I cannot figure out how to close an open tab in Google Chrome on my iPhone. The box I used to click to close a tab has suddenly disappeared. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out what to do? I can only close all of my tabs, not one individually.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 11:48 AM

OK2day wrote:

This went from a simple step to a multi-click process (if we find out what to do). Changes should make things easier, not hidden and complicated. Give us back the simplicity of just clicking the X!

Chrome is an app from Google. You might want to let them know your thoughts.

15 replies

Sep 30, 2021 8:21 PM in response to ediamandis

Forgot to mention in my response above that in order to get to the “X” at the top right, I have to go out of the current tab. I do that by clicking on the box at the bottom right which has the number in it. When I do that, all tabs appear and an “x” at the top right also appears. I select and hold the “x” and then the option to “close tab” appears.

Closing tabs in Google Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.