Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Camera Flickering

Apparently im not the only one experiencing this. I hope this gets fixed soon! You can see the flicker clearly when taking a video as well

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 12:04 AM

48 replies

Dec 6, 2021 11:23 AM in response to nick_h2

during filming certain things, such as a tv screen, the video keeps flickering. it appears the night mode is continuously turning on and off despite my previous attempts to turn it off for the shot. it would be nice if there was a more specific setting to disable /enable night mode in the settings app for a more permanent solution

Jan 11, 2022 9:29 AM in response to JohnALM

I know this post is older but I was able to figure this problem out. In the camera settings turn off "Auto Macro" at the bottom of the screen. That setting automatically switches to the Ultra Wide Camera to capture Macro Photos so it will make that jumping effect if it's turned on and something comes close to frame.

Oct 4, 2021 2:31 PM in response to lobsterghost1

i realized when the flicker happens.. its when i put the focus to a nearer subject. the camera lens shifts to a different lens and it’s creating a flicker sort of animation. It’s like having your left eye closed right eye open then shifting to left eye open right eye closed. Do you think its nomal? Is this the macro mode switching? The flicker is so annoying.

Oct 2, 2021 8:42 AM in response to JohnALM

Hello John,

We've got your back and would like to help.

Take a look at this article, and test without any attached accessory or case on your iPhone:

Magnetic accessories might interfere with iPhone cameras

This article has some other troubleshooting steps to follow:

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

Here's some information about the new iPhone 13 Camera features:

About the Camera features on your iPhone

Contact Apple Support if you have more concerns.

Cheers.

Feb 3, 2022 4:53 AM in response to pizza_cannon

Then make an appointment to have your phone examined:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

as it sounds like there could be a failure in your optical stabilization mechanism, as switching between ultra wide and wide lenses is silent, so regardless of whether it the lens switching is occurring you should not hear anything.

If you don't have an Apple Store near you, contact Apple Support directly for your options:

Contact - Official Apple Support

Feb 28, 2022 7:58 PM in response to JohnALM

this is definitely a result of the camera switching to macro mode. My iPhone 11 Pro used to never do this, and now I have the iPhone 13 Pro. It didn’t do this in the beginning, but with one of the new updates it has started doing this and it drives me insane because it ruins the picture and lighting quality and will happen randomly in the middle of a video that I do a lot for work. I just noticed this new feature in the camera settings hopefully this answers your question! It gives you control over whether or not to activate the macro camera (The flower glows yellow if the Macro camera is turned on, that is when I see the worst quality on my phone camera)

iPhone Camera Flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.