Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on iCloud

I’m getting the new iphone 13 pro and will be using the same iCloud account however i don't want my pictures on the new phone but still want to keep them on the iCloud or something… is this possible?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 5:46 AM

No , new photos won't be added in the iCloud , as photos box has to be turned on , when an Apple ID is signed in iPhone and iCloud is set up , the default applications box are to be turned so that the data saves in iPhone as well iCloud .

It's two way syncing process , unchecking of photo box is temporarily to stop syncing .

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 5:46 AM in response to aelina176

No , new photos won't be added in the iCloud , as photos box has to be turned on , when an Apple ID is signed in iPhone and iCloud is set up , the default applications box are to be turned so that the data saves in iPhone as well iCloud .

It's two way syncing process , unchecking of photo box is temporarily to stop syncing .

Photos on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.