You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore my photos

How can I restore my photos my I phone was 6 plus then I buy a new 7 plus then I copy all data to the new iPhone the photos was on two devices I delete my photos from the old iPhone then I check the new iPhone also was deleted

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 4:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 8:33 AM

'If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app' on a mobile device, click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT205912

This probably happened because both devices were actively signed into iCloud Photos when you deleted them. If they are both active then what you do on one with iCloud will also be done on the other device. You can probably recover them using methods in the document to which I provided a link.

If you want to delete photos on the old phone, there's various ways to do this, including being part of generally setting up a device for a new owner or recycling. Alternatively, at least make sure you sign out if iCloud Photos on the old phone before you manually delete items.

Change your iCloud settings - Apple Support

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2021 8:33 AM in response to hend51

'If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app' on a mobile device, click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT205912

This probably happened because both devices were actively signed into iCloud Photos when you deleted them. If they are both active then what you do on one with iCloud will also be done on the other device. You can probably recover them using methods in the document to which I provided a link.

If you want to delete photos on the old phone, there's various ways to do this, including being part of generally setting up a device for a new owner or recycling. Alternatively, at least make sure you sign out if iCloud Photos on the old phone before you manually delete items.

Change your iCloud settings - Apple Support

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How can I restore my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.