Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the setting on iMovie to produce the final video to an MP4 format?

I am having problems with the finished product of iMovie on my mac desktop. it comes out in a mov. format or QuickTime movie. Using iMovie on my MacBook pro, the same video comes out as a mp4 format orMPEG-4 movie.

The problem is I run the finished product through my Movavi Video suite 16 program on another computer ( an HP) to make a separate audio file and video file which I then upload to 4 different on line sites. I cannot use the mov. format with Movavi.

Is there a way to change the setting on iMovie to produce the final video to an mp4 format?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 9:42 AM

You are getting a .mov format export because you have selected the Best Quality (pro res) setting from the export box.

All other settings will result in an Mp4/AAC export.

-- Rich

Similar questions

4 replies

How to change the setting on iMovie to produce the final video to an MP4 format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.