Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 Battery is draining too fast. OS problem?

Hello all

I have an Apple Watch Series 4, and have been using it for a few years. I usually charged it in the morning before starting my activities, and also at night before going to bed, because I use it during sleep to track it.

In the last month, it suddenly started to drain battery too fast, requiring me to charge it 3 or 4 times a day. The battery won't last all night to track my sleep, even if Im not using it beyond that

I believe it has something to do with a WatchOS update, because its the only thing that have changed. I always have my OS current in all my devices, so it has the latest version available but the problem persist

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 12:33 PM

i am having the same problem. Updated the watch and now it won’t hold charge more than 8 hours and the activity app also not functioning properly. I can go on an hour run and it auto pauses off and on then says I only exercised for maybe 15 minutes and the distance is way off….

tried resetting. Unpairing. Repairing etc. nothing.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 12:33 PM in response to jordan_white

i am having the same problem. Updated the watch and now it won’t hold charge more than 8 hours and the activity app also not functioning properly. I can go on an hour run and it auto pauses off and on then says I only exercised for maybe 15 minutes and the distance is way off….

tried resetting. Unpairing. Repairing etc. nothing.

Oct 1, 2021 8:24 AM in response to RobertoEH

Still not great - it doesn't have long left sadly.

I'd advise closing all open applications to see if one is specially draining the battery - tap the side button and swipe to the right to close them.

If this still doesn't fix the issue I'd advise a full wipe of the watch following the below:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/watch/apd4ad3571d9/watchos

To set it back up again from a back up:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT204505

Apple Watch Series 4 Battery is draining too fast. OS problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.