Watch Series 4 - Since upgrading to WatchOS 10, my battery life went from ~16 hours down to 3...

As the title says, I have an Apple Watch Series 4 (40 mm) no LTE, and up until last week when I upgraded to WatchOS 10, I was getting upwards of 15-16 hours per charge on the watch. I upgraded to WatchOS 10 last week and ever since my watch has been going from 100% to 0% in 3 hours without any heavy activity. I have turned off handwashing, sound notifications, background updates & meditation reminders but the issue persists…. My watch is basically useless with the current time it stays alive.

Is there any way to downgrade back to OS9? Am I the only one with this issue on series 4?? I have seen others report issues with degraded battery life on newer models, but nowhere close to the 3 hours I am getting.

I have reset, rebooted, repaired and nothing is working.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 10

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 4:11 PM

Don't worry. All Apple Watches usually take a few hours to a few days to index through the new files and settings post-update. As an apple watch owner myself, giving it a few days and then shutting it down and rebooting it restored original battery behavior. And as far as my knowledge goes, it is not possible to downgrade to WatchOS 9.

Btw, is the update the Beta update or the official public release? If it is beta, update to the official release and follow the steps above.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2023 4:11 PM in response to Nock3399

Don't worry. All Apple Watches usually take a few hours to a few days to index through the new files and settings post-update. As an apple watch owner myself, giving it a few days and then shutting it down and rebooting it restored original battery behavior. And as far as my knowledge goes, it is not possible to downgrade to WatchOS 9.

Btw, is the update the Beta update or the official public release? If it is beta, update to the official release and follow the steps above.

Have a great day!

Watch Series 4 - Since upgrading to WatchOS 10, my battery life went from ~16 hours down to 3...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.