Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Drain on Apple Watch Series 3 after upgrading to WatchOS 8.3

Hi, is anyone else experiencing really bad battery drain after upgrading to WatchOS 8.3? There is a significant difference between this update and the previous version. Is there any way for me to revert back to the previous update or should I just unpair & re-pair the watch? I have seen some other users on Twitter complaining of the same issue, which is making me think it should rather be fixed with a future software update.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2021 12:13 PM

Once you upgrade you cannot downgrade,. If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2021 12:13 PM in response to lihan3

Once you upgrade you cannot downgrade,. If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

Battery Drain on Apple Watch Series 3 after upgrading to WatchOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.