Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps lost Voice instruction with IOS 15

With IOS 14 you had the ability to allow Apple Maps to use the speaker instead of the bluetooth connect.

Why did apple remove this option. This is now a nightmare. When will apple add this option back?

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 3:07 PM

Hello Monti-12,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with the sound when using Apple Maps. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

Do you use Apple Maps with CarPlay? If so, check out the steps here on how to adjust the volume in the section "Follow turn-by-turn directions" here: Get turn-by-turn directions with CarPlay

If you don't use Apple Maps with CarPlay, check out the steps in the section "Turn spoken directions on or off" here: Things you can do while following a route in Maps on iPhone You can also check in Settings > Maps > Spoken Directions for more options.

You can also quickly disable Bluetooth from the Control Center with the steps here: Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center

Best!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 3:07 PM in response to Monti-12

Hello Monti-12,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with the sound when using Apple Maps. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

Do you use Apple Maps with CarPlay? If so, check out the steps here on how to adjust the volume in the section "Follow turn-by-turn directions" here: Get turn-by-turn directions with CarPlay

If you don't use Apple Maps with CarPlay, check out the steps in the section "Turn spoken directions on or off" here: Things you can do while following a route in Maps on iPhone You can also check in Settings > Maps > Spoken Directions for more options.

You can also quickly disable Bluetooth from the Control Center with the steps here: Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center

Best!

Dec 7, 2021 7:50 PM in response to Riberg

I was just discussing this with another poster. His remedy is to go to Control Center. Go to the Now Playing in the upper right corner of the screen and tap on the audio button in the upper right corner of that box. That gives you the option to select the audio output. Select the phone and you will hear driving directions come from the phone.

Oct 2, 2021 9:47 PM in response to OrigamiFan1

I checked my phone and the " Settings > Maps > Spoken Directions" and this option is on. I don't want to disconnect the bluetooth to the car then my phone calls will not go through the car. With IOS 14 you had the ability to allow the "Spoken Directions" to play through the iPhone speaker while still having your phone calls go through the car. How can we get this feature back? who at apple can I talk to? A lot of people are complaining about this issue.

Nov 12, 2021 5:22 PM in response to Monti-12

I am also having this issue. In previous versions you could have spoken directions route to the phone speaker even when connected to bluetooth.

This is especially great in older vehicles where the Bluetooth isn’t as responsive. My mom relies on this actually. Was this option removed in iOS 15?

at the very least it was moved and I can’t find it.

Apple Maps lost Voice instruction with IOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.