Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(TV) Remote app locked iPhone- how to unlock?

I pulled down the control panel and selected the Apple TV remote, to help my wife login to Netflix (so that I could use keychain to fill in the pwd). Afterwards, I cannot do anything on my iPhone. The remote app is on the Lock Screen and I cannot drag up, down, switch apps, or even turn off power. Also, I cannot answer calls or see texts, although the phone continues to display notifications for these. However clicking the notification does not trigger any action such as answering the call.

Also, the remote app doesn't work so no longer controls the Apple TV. However it does recognize button pushes with highlight and Taptic click (e.g. if pressing play for example).

How can I get rid of this remote app and restore ordinary iPhone function? This iPhone X has the latest iOS (downloaded today).

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 8:45 PM

It turns out that using the recommended steps for a frozen phone succeeds in shutting down and recovering. Vol up, Vol down, Power button.

1 reply

(TV) Remote app locked iPhone- how to unlock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.