Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app not working on iOS 15

After iOS 15 updates notes application is crashing and I cannot open the app. Please help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 10:33 PM

pavitrabhandari Said:

"Notes unresponsive after ios15 update: After iOS 15 updates notes application is crashing and I cannot open the app. Please help."

-------

Try a Manual Shut Down:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Select: Shut Down (Scroll to Very Bottom)
  4. Slide: Finger to the Right atop the screen
  5. Wait: 30 Seconds
  6. Power On: the iPhone
  7. Try this once more
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 10:33 PM in response to pavitrabhandari

pavitrabhandari Said:

"Notes unresponsive after ios15 update: After iOS 15 updates notes application is crashing and I cannot open the app. Please help."

-------

Try a Manual Shut Down:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Select: Shut Down (Scroll to Very Bottom)
  4. Slide: Finger to the Right atop the screen
  5. Wait: 30 Seconds
  6. Power On: the iPhone
  7. Try this once more

Oct 12, 2021 5:02 PM in response to pavitrabhandari

pavitrabhandari Said:

"Notes unresponsive after ios15 update: Hi sorry this does not work.

-------

A Few Other Thoughts to Recover These:

• Log in: to iCloud, and enable Notes. Go to: System Preferences > iCloud > Enable: Notes. Performing this on a separate device, you'd disable your router (to avoid network connectivity, so that nothing syncs with Apple's server). Then, expire them.

• Check: other devices associated to your account.

• Restore: through a Time Machine Backup. First, create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac. Then, restore your Mac from a prior Time Machine Backup. Then export them to iCloud. Once, exported, restore your Mac to theTime Machine Backup you just created.

Nov 9, 2021 11:56 PM in response to pavitrabhandari

Hi, iTunes ( movies )

NOTES APP Issue after I updated to IOS 15 (same problem on iPad as well )

theres NO problem on IOS 14.

(check out my screen shots)

it’s serious 🧐 software problem.

PLEASE FIX ASAP.

The notes app is NOT working properly when highlighting the txt to Cut, Copy OR Paste. (Will also crash, also, when editing with Apple Pencil,

screen shots added to notes move when editing with Apple Pencil in notes as well.

SHOULD NOT HAVE UPDATED IOS.

iPad issues, when playback iTunes movies. All Downloaded movies are NOT playable on IOS 15.

I’m going to do this, and going to try and take a screen shot of it as well. 

1 Screen Shot is from IOS 14. 👍

Dec 3, 2021 5:08 PM in response to Gbk82

Gbk82 Said:

"When I attempt to go to the 'folders' level on the Notes app it crashes. I attempted the recommended restart process but it doesn’t help. The other recommendation of back-ups and icloud recovery seems like a very complex work around for an Apple app."

-------

Filtering Out Items:

It is a bit complex. The intent is to filter out damaged items in Notes. And I am thinking that is how to make Notes operate as intended. Not certain, though.

Notes app not working on iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.