Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 6 on Upgrade to iCloud for Windows

Hi, has anybody seen this error and more importantly, got around it?

My iCloud for Windows needed upgrading (it actually disappeared from my system).

I have tried full uninstall of Apply & iCloud software and files, but this error keeps coming back.

I am running Windows 10 64bit Build 19043.

My last change was to enable SecureBoot, load TPM2.0 and change the BIOS Mode to UEFI in readiness for Windows 11. Everything else is working fine.

On my MS Surface (already upgraded to WIn 11) all is working fine

My next course of action is to delete all registry settings for iCloud. It could also be an outlook addin problem.

Any other ideas?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 12:25 AM

Thanks for getting back to me

My system was fully up to date in Readiness for Windows 11. I am part of the Windows Insider Programme, Beta Channel.

This PC had a new motherboard a couple of years ago, So I had to upgrade BIOS, enable SecureBoot, updated the Trusted Platform Module to TPM2.0 and change the BIOS Mode to from Legacy to UEFI. I think that iCloud tried to reinstall or became corrupted during this.

But I have fixed it now by copying all code and user files from my Laptop to the desktop machine and then re updated iCloud for WIndows.

No longer a problem

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 12:25 AM in response to Matthew.S81

Thanks for getting back to me

My system was fully up to date in Readiness for Windows 11. I am part of the Windows Insider Programme, Beta Channel.

This PC had a new motherboard a couple of years ago, So I had to upgrade BIOS, enable SecureBoot, updated the Trusted Platform Module to TPM2.0 and change the BIOS Mode to from Legacy to UEFI. I think that iCloud tried to reinstall or became corrupted during this.

But I have fixed it now by copying all code and user files from my Laptop to the desktop machine and then re updated iCloud for WIndows.

No longer a problem

Oct 3, 2021 9:13 AM in response to GrahamFez

Hello GrahamFez,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you're unable to install and upgrade to a specific version of iCloud for Windows. We'd like to help.

Do you have any system updates for your PC? We see you mentioned running "Windows 10 64bit", it would be recommended to install all system updates. Take a look at If you can't download or install iCloud for Windows for some other suggestions.

Take care.

Error 6 on Upgrade to iCloud for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.