Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MP520 Printer Driver for Big Sur v11

I have a Canon MP520 printer. When I try to install it says no drivers are available. I'm running a MacBook Pro M1. Is there a driver I can use or some kind of generic driver?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 1:21 PM

That just didn't seem right to me. Go here and change the OS to Big Sur v11 and click the red Software button:

Support | MP Series | PIXMA MP520 | Canon USA

There IS printer software available for Big Sur. Have you installed it? Image Garden v 3.6.5 (Mac) dated 12/4/20.

Not sure what the Image Garden software does but it's available and may be worth trying. If it's an image handling package, it likely won't help. But is seems odd to me there would be any software at all if Big Sur were not supported.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 1:21 PM in response to dadob56

That just didn't seem right to me. Go here and change the OS to Big Sur v11 and click the red Software button:

Support | MP Series | PIXMA MP520 | Canon USA

There IS printer software available for Big Sur. Have you installed it? Image Garden v 3.6.5 (Mac) dated 12/4/20.

Not sure what the Image Garden software does but it's available and may be worth trying. If it's an image handling package, it likely won't help. But is seems odd to me there would be any software at all if Big Sur were not supported.

Canon MP520 Printer Driver for Big Sur v11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.