Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign into imessage and Facetime

My son gave me his macpro and even though he restored it to factory settings and installed all new updates, imessage and Facetime give me an "authentication failed" message when I try to sign in. I've tried dozens of solutions, but nothing works.

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 11:15 PM

Is the Apple ID locked from server and shows zero account , contact apple support senior apple care advisors Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Read the article If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Prefer to erase the hard drive and reinstall Mac OS Erase and reinstall macOS - Apple Support

After installing Os don't install and use any third party software / apps / cleaners / anti virus in Mac , don't use VPN service .

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 11:15 PM in response to grampammy53

Is the Apple ID locked from server and shows zero account , contact apple support senior apple care advisors Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Read the article If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Prefer to erase the hard drive and reinstall Mac OS Erase and reinstall macOS - Apple Support

After installing Os don't install and use any third party software / apps / cleaners / anti virus in Mac , don't use VPN service .

Oct 9, 2021 12:40 PM in response to tygb

When I went to “set up your iphone and FaceTime on Mac for phone calls/set up your iphone (picture attached): 1st bullet point, turn wi-fi calling on and tried to use FaceTime on my mac. It did not work, giving me an authentication error. I tried the 2nd bullet point, “calls on other devices, turn it on. When I tapped it, I received a message picture attached). I am signed in and use the same iCloud account on both devices. Facetime and messages work on my iphone, but not the Mac.

Oct 7, 2021 7:10 PM in response to tygb

My Apple ID is not locked from server. I have tried everything in the Apple Support article link you provided. I am not using a third party software / apps/ cleaners / anti virus for Mac or VPN service. The hard drive was erased and Mac OS and all updates were reinstalled. I still have the same problem. While researching for a solution, this situation comes up a lot, but no solution. 😣

Cannot sign into imessage and Facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.