Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.0.1. download problems

Hello,

I downloaded the iOS 15 update, which took forever, but have had no problems with it. Now the newer update iOS 15.0.1 will not download at all. I was always stuck on it verifying, so I would sleep and unlock the iPad as suggested on a help website but then it just sits on installing forever and doesn’t download. It also won’t download/install over night like it says it can.

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the newest update? Can anyone suggest a solution to help me fix this issue? My iPad is an iPad Pro 12.9 2017 512gb cellular.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 3:02 AM

I have the same problem on an iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2nd gen 256GB Cellular. Update to iOS 15 was fine. 15.0.1 gets stuck in verifying.

I already resetted the whole iPad but restored it from iCloud Backup, so I am not sure if I have maybe used a complete clean install.

Regards, Dan

42 replies

Oct 6, 2021 2:45 AM in response to Fleetfootedchaosbringer

I had the same issue when upgrading via WiFi with an iPad Pro 9,7 128 GB and an iPad Pro 10,5 256GB - both stuck in verifying.

I detached the pads from power cable (to prevent maintenance mode) and pressed Startbutton and Homebutton at once until the Apple appeared and released the buttons - so the Pads got restarted and fell back to old IOS 15. Then i did upgrade via Itunes to 15.0.1 on PC which worked.

KR

Matthias

Oct 5, 2021 10:19 AM in response to Fleetfootedchaosbringer

i'm here with the same issue, seems more widespread than i thought. My iphone 12 pro updated without any issue. My iPad pro 256GB (cellular) just sits on installing, tried both wifi and then followed the support advice to use my pc. When using my PC i get unknown error 4000.

looks like i shall sit on iOS15 for a while until this has been fixed by apple.

thanks for your posts guys

Oct 6, 2021 5:46 AM in response to Synchedrhythms

Okay, got it with Apple configurator (iTunes is supposed to work too)

Just talked to Apple. The last resort (before sending it in or going to an Apple store) is to update via iTunes or Apple Configurator (this is what I am using). When plugged in on the iPad enter passcode of iPad to allow the connection. In configurator doubleclick to open device and the in the middle you can see the "Update to latest OS" option.

No need to worry about wheather the device is managed or not.

For Mac users it is easy since Apple Configurator is free (AppStore or PreInstalled). Windows users need to use iTunes (no idea if that works equally good...according to Apple Support that is the way to go).

Hope that helps.

Personally I would expect Apple to release a revised Version so Installation is possible without using a Mac or PC.

Anyways, cheers!!

Oct 6, 2021 5:51 AM in response to EruMantis

This does indeed work but as i have found out, you now need to do this every time there is an update to IOS in order to keep updated - i think Apple needs to look into this and address as there are now iPad owners out there outside of warranty that the IOS15 update has really impacted functionality and having to DFU/iTunes/Configurator just to apply an update each time is really not acceptable.

Oct 8, 2021 3:33 PM in response to sfeverss

Same thing for my iPad Pro 10.5. Did the recommended fix in iTunes and I get error code 4000 on my PC. This is definitely an update issue that Apple needs to resolve. It seems that iOS 15 is extremely buggy. I’ve never had to update via iTunes ever. I also don’t think people need to freak out on the update to 15.0.1. From the release notes, there doesn’t seem to be any super critical updates. I would sit tight with 15.0.0 and wait for 15.0.2.

Oct 12, 2021 9:46 AM in response to Fleetfootedchaosbringer

hi. had this issue with ipad OS 15.0.1 and 15.0.2. i tried everything possible except erasing the ipad and reinstalling from scratch which i am always reluctant to do with 500gb occupied on my ipad (i also read a couple of times that id did not help...). then, i downloaded Apple Configurator 2 on my macbook and updated the ipad from there, following indications by another guy on the thread. a little stressful but it worked!

Oct 12, 2021 11:41 AM in response to Fleetfootedchaosbringer

Hi There,

Us too. We have 2 ipad pro 2nd generations. The bigger12.9. inch and the smaller 11 inch.

Both are unable to upgrade to IOS 15.0.1 or IOS 15.0.2.

Update through itunes and laptop did NOT work. Get a weird error. All of this I did in conjunction with apple support help. The initial call lasted 2 hours. They were online with me the entire time. Nothing worked. They said they will call me at 7 PM last sunday and the call never came. What happened??? Not sure. They ran for the hills.

I have some suspicion I need to check to make sure.

I have been an Apple customer since Apple IIe with a Qwerty/Azerty keyboard. Had a toggle switch underneath to switch :D Zork anyone?? The QA/QC quality has definitely gone down since Steve Jobs died. Maybe Tim cook is too much of a nice guy; I too suffer from that disnease. Regardless it seems to be some systemic internal problem at apple and we have to pay the price.

I was traveling overseas. I wonder if I’ve been hacked. Lovely governments they got over there. Of course they days it may be a case of the pot calling a kettle black. I’m back in alternate universes California. They upgrade problem started here commencing with IOS 15.0.1. I had no issues with IOS 15 itself. Everything ran better and faster.

How many of you travelled/are overseas right now. Which counties. What variables do we have in common?

BB

P.S. Again, update via Itunes did NOT work. I got “Unknown error 4000 in itunes.”.

I have a screen shot; but, this website says the image is too big! Gee guys, maybe you should make sure someone using an apple iPad should be able to post a screen shot using apple’s software on “apple.com” Just a though!

iOS 15.0.1. download problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.