Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to reinstall macOS a pop up appears saying the recovery server could not be contacted , what does this mean?

When I try to reinstall macOS a pop up appears saying the recovery server could not be contacted , what does this mean?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 4:26 AM

Is the computer being booted into Recovery Mode Command +r ? When booting this way - one must have an Active and Functioning Internal Connection.

For best results - connective Ethernet Cable to Router. If via Wifi - immediately at entering Recovery Mode - look for Wifi Icon and you must click it to Manually Input the Wifi Password to establish an Internet Connection.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 4:26 AM in response to priyanka286

Is the computer being booted into Recovery Mode Command +r ? When booting this way - one must have an Active and Functioning Internal Connection.

For best results - connective Ethernet Cable to Router. If via Wifi - immediately at entering Recovery Mode - look for Wifi Icon and you must click it to Manually Input the Wifi Password to establish an Internet Connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.