Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with saved passwords / Touch ID after Safari 15.0 update.

Hello Everyone,

After updating to Safari 15.0 on a Mac, my favorite websites (which I had passwords saved in Safari), no longer auto log me in, or prompt for Touch ID. Hoping someone knows the fix for this issue. Thanks in advance! sidenote: When I look in safari preferences, the saved passwords are still there.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 4:34 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 3, 2021 9:48 AM in response to Apple Konvert

There have recently been many reports of a broad range of new problems on this support site about the latest release of Safari v15. It is included in the downloads for Big Sur and Catalina. If you are experiencing these problems, you can use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and they will work for you until a newer version of Safari is released.

I have read here that Apple's support people have a link to reinstall Safari and that doing so often fixes the problem. You might check with them.

Problem with saved passwords / Touch ID after Safari 15.0 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.