Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari displaying web pages as basic lists plus little functionlity after Safari 15.0 update on October 3rd.

Hi, have been onto support but they could not help and now closed for the evening. Running Big Sur 11.6. After an update today Safari is broken. FireFox and Chrome are both fine.

Web pages look very 1995 with just long lists no formatting as though html is broken or java etc. not working.

Went through all options from extensions, cache, going to private browsing (no difference) and re-installing OSX. Nothing has worked hence I'm logged on in FireFox at the moment.

Any ideas as Safari is well and truly broken.

Screen shot of the Apple website as viewed in Safari attached.

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 5:11 AM

Update, I have fixed the issue and passed it onto Apple tech support.

Somehow after the update Disable Styles was checked under the Develop Menu. I discovered this by going through each setting in the browser. The Develop menu is not one that I use very much so was surprised to find this issue.

Once un checked Safari is back to normal.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 5:11 AM in response to Atters

Update, I have fixed the issue and passed it onto Apple tech support.

Somehow after the update Disable Styles was checked under the Develop Menu. I discovered this by going through each setting in the browser. The Develop menu is not one that I use very much so was surprised to find this issue.

Once un checked Safari is back to normal.

Safari displaying web pages as basic lists plus little functionlity after Safari 15.0 update on October 3rd.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.