Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock Sounds on iPad too Quiet

Hello Community,

I have two iPads, both running iOS 15. I have noticed that after I updated to iOS 15 on my 7th gen iPad, the lock sound is incredibly quiet. Everything else still sounds fine and at normal levels. I can still play audio books quite loud in fact. But on my 5th gen iPad, which also is running iOS 15, sounds like normal. The lock sound is not crucial of course, it’s just a feature Apple has always put into their devices, but I really am missing hearing the satisfactory lock sound when I turn off my iPad. Can someone tell me how I can fix, turn up the volume, or something to get the volume of the click back up a bit? I have attached a screenshot of my Sounds settings so you can see what I have set, which hasn’t been changed before or after I updated to iOS 15. Thank you for reading!

Sincerely,

Captain

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 7:51 PM

You need to turn up the ringer and alerts slider to make the alert and lock sounds louder. You could also enable change with buttons, so you could use the volume buttons to change how loud the alert and lock sounds are.

4 replies

Oct 4, 2021 3:14 PM in response to caedmon65

Hello caedmon65,

Thank you for replying. I thought maybe that would work, and I’ll try it, but what puzzles me is that I haven’t change the volume on my iPad or iPhone ringer for years. I’ve always made sure it’s in the middle of the e slider. But when I updated to iOS 15 it confused me that the lock sound was quieted significantly even though I hadn’t touched the sounds settings in quite some time. Thank you again, I will definitely see about turning up the volume!

Sincerely,

Captain

Oct 19, 2021 2:58 PM in response to mbd007

Fascinating, must be something with the iPad 7th gen since my other devices, including my other iPad’s sound has not been affected what so ever after the update. I turned up the volume on the 7th gen iPad, but it was too loud when I got notifications, so I thought it was worth losing the satisfaction of the clicking off sound than losing my ears over loud notifications.

Lock Sounds on iPad too Quiet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.