Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop Not working iPhone 13 Pro Max

I can’t airdrop anything to my wifes phone even though she appears as available. When she tries to airdrop something to me, I don’t come up on her phone as available. I have tried restarting the phone, turning Bluetooth/Wifi on and off and several other methods but still not working. My phone is updated to the newest software and still not able to get it to work. Anyone else having these issues?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 9:56 AM

I'm having this problem too. It was working fine until recently. Now, my macbook can "see" my iphone in Airplay but my phone can't find my Macbook. I've tried all of the recommended solutions listed here with no progress.

40 replies

Dec 22, 2021 12:54 AM in response to 4989ken

4989ken

User level:

Level 1

In response to SteveO2019

Mine had the same problem.

It looks like the contacts on the phone do not match with contacts of the iCloude

Try

1. Settings -> Yor Name (Apple ID)-> iCloud -> Turn on Contacts (Green)
  2. Merge
  3. Settings -> Yor Name (Apple ID) : Sign Out from iCloud
  4. Restart the phone (Off/On)
  5. Settings -> Yor Name (Apple ID) : Sign in iCloud

After trying numerous other steps. This is what worked for me. Had to do it on both phones.

Oct 12, 2021 6:20 PM in response to omgshinies

I'm seeing similar bizarre behavior

Two brand new iPhone 13 Pro Max. My phone and my wife. Each iPhone can see the other in airdrop. If I turn off airdrop in either phone I can see the contact drop so they definitely see each other. If I try to send from either device to the other I get the waiting and the other device NEVER gets the prompt to accept the file.

I have tried all troubleshooting. Restarts. On/off wifi and Bluetooth.

I also see the wife's name under People and then under devices as in the poster above her iPad which I can send to. However neither iPhone Pro Max 13 can ever get a prompt to accept a file.

Oct 3, 2021 8:11 PM in response to SteveO2019

SteveO2019 Said:

"Airdrop Not working iPhone 13 Pro Max: I can’t airdrop anything to my wifes phone even though she appears as available."

-------

New AirDrop Session:

Turning AirDrop off and then back AirDrop on.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: AirDrop

Restart Both Phones:

For iPones, perform the following...

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Jan 11, 2022 3:58 PM in response to SteveO2019

A modification of a suggestion earlier worked for us, with this same problem between two brand new iPhone 13's, each restored from backups on iCloud that were taken at the Apple Store on our old phones prior to deactivating them.

1. Settings -> Yor Name (Apple ID)-> iCloud -> Turn off Contacts (because we each had them on)
  2. Keep the contacts on the device
  3. Settings -> Yor Name (Apple ID)-> iCloud -> Turn on Contacts (Green)
  4. Merge

Oct 8, 2021 9:05 PM in response to RebeccaAustin

I have this problem too, but it is also a problem on my iphone 7 and iphone 12 mini. It all happened after they were each updated to iOS 15. I have done all the troubleshooting steps I can find including: rebooting, toggling wifi, toggling bluetooth, toggling Airdrop, uninstalling VPN app, resetting network settings on both devices, and even restoring to someone else's iphone 7 from backup after resetting that device to factory settings. Nothing worked.

What's weird is that using Airdrop via the sharing icon with the contact doesn't work, but if I open "Airdrop" from the sharing menu, there are actually two entries. The first one with the contact name under "People" is the one that doesn't work, but the second entry under "Other People" works, which is the phone's name instead of contact name. I have been on the phone with Apple support and they are mystified so far, I have another call scheduled for tomorrow to continue.

Oct 7, 2021 3:03 PM in response to SteveO2019

I had the same problem with Mac Air 2013 and iPhone 11. It has worked in the past. Sending from phone to Mac just a foot away did not work. Then the message "AirDrop form iPhone was cancelled" on my mac that showed me the photo.

But it was not in Airdrop as I seem to recall in the past.

Using Finder, I went to DOWNLOADS and the photo was there. I'm not sure if the default location has changed, if I may have changed it, or if my memory is faulty. :)

Check your Downloads folder. Tell me if it works for you.

Oct 26, 2021 2:57 PM in response to Basile Dell

I installed all the updates on both my iPhone and my MacBook. I rebooted both my iPhone and my MacBook. Airdrop worked for a while after I did those things. It did stop working again a few days later so I restarted/rebooted my Macbook and Airdrop started working again.

it’s not a long-term solution but the frequent rebooting is at least a short-term solution (for me) until Apple can fix the larger issue.

Nov 24, 2021 5:20 AM in response to SteveO2019

Have the same problem on iPhone 13 Pro. Can send/receive airdrops from my wife and her 13 Pro. But cannot even see nor send to my daughter’s iPhone 12 running iOS 15 (both phones latest version with updates). I cannot see her in airdrop. She can see me, but I never get the acceptance popup. Doesn’t change if I set Airdrop to Everyone.

Nov 27, 2021 6:09 PM in response to 4989ken

4989ken wrote:

1. Mine had the same problem.
It looks like the contacts on the phone do not match with contacts of the iCloude
Try
Settings -> Yor Name (Apple ID)-> iCloud -> Turn on Contacts (Green)
2. Merge
3. Settings -> Yor Name (Apple ID) : Sign Out from iCloud
4. Restart the phone (Off/On)
5. Settings -> Yor Name (Apple ID) : Sign in iCloud

Merge?

Airdrop Not working iPhone 13 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.