Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The ECG on an Apple Watch 6 works fine with my iPhone 12. Will it also work with a 2020 iPhone SE?

> The ECG on an Apple Watch 6 works fine with my iPhone 12. Will it also work with a 2020 iPhone SE?

I know, of course that the Apple Watch 6 will work with a 2020 iPhone SE, but before the phone is taken out of the box and my wife’s Apple Watch transfered to it from my iPhone 12 mini, I want to make sure that the app she uses most (and the reason for buying the Apple Watch for her at all) - the ecg app - will still work with an iPhone SE (2020)

[My assumption is that it will as it is a function of the watch not the phone, but I can’t find this stated anywhere despite a number of ”clever” searches]

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:49 AM

Yes it will. That's really what LD150 was saying. ECG is on the watch, not the phone. Any feature that is currently running on your watch, which is paired to a phone with the current iOS/WatchOS will function the same on another phone running the current OS.

4 replies

Oct 4, 2021 9:45 AM in response to LD150

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately my question was more specific than that.

I need to know if *the ecg function* on the Apple Watch 6 will still work when that is paired with an iPhone SE.

(It's easy to find links saying that Apple Watch 6 will work with various phones including iPhone SE hence my buying it but I can't find anything that specifically says that the ecg function will still work, so I'm trying to avoiding opening the iPhone SE and then finding that while I can pair it with the Apple Watch 6, the ecg function doesn't work)

The ECG on an Apple Watch 6 works fine with my iPhone 12. Will it also work with a 2020 iPhone SE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.