Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting "show address bar" on ipad OS 15 Safari

Hi, somehow my address bar in Safari moved from the bottom back to the top in the new iPad OS 15. I want it back on the bottom because I keep hitting those three dots they added to the top now. I press the aA option menu but it doesn’t show the “Show Address Bar” option. Anyone else having this issue and/or know how to fix? Thanks!

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 9:30 AM

The configurable options are found here:

Settings > Safari > [Tabs] Separate Tab Bar or Compact Tab Bar

The ability to move the Address Bar to the bottom of the screen was a feature of early iPadOS15 beta; the feature was removed from late-beta versions and not included in the production release of iPadOS15.

Apple do invite constructive feedback and feature requests via their Product Feedback page:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 9:30 AM in response to sundevil86

The configurable options are found here:

Settings > Safari > [Tabs] Separate Tab Bar or Compact Tab Bar

The ability to move the Address Bar to the bottom of the screen was a feature of early iPadOS15 beta; the feature was removed from late-beta versions and not included in the production release of iPadOS15.

Apple do invite constructive feedback and feature requests via their Product Feedback page:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Not getting "show address bar" on ipad OS 15 Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.