Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off the stacked photos in messages?? IOS 15

How do I turn off the stacked/staggered photos in messenger?? It looks terrible. And I keep thinking I didn’t send all the photos.

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 7:22 AM

It was enough to cost me a account on documents. I went got me a Samsung. I don’t have the issues with there phone. I’ve been with Apple for years but it was enough to throw in the towel. Maybe they will correct this issue one day.

24 replies

Apr 30, 2022 9:21 AM in response to Stackedphoto

Same page here where the experience is more negative. How do you stack a picture on bounce that forces the receiver to take an extra step that previously wasn’t needed? This created more steps for people where we have to send the photos and videos individually to “get back to normal”.

The verbiage from users is the same for this where each related post mentions “go back”, “undo”, “fix this”. Please give the option to toggle media stacking in the messages settings. Thank you!!

May 26, 2022 8:04 PM in response to Stackedphoto

Stackedphoto, you are Correct. It's ALL about Choice. I have not found even One SINGLE post that thinks this "Forced Upon" Photo Stacking implementation was a Positive step forward. Again, I've "found" my personal solution to the issue, but I'm sorry it has come to this. I didn't "really" stray from the "issue", because it all comes down to FREEDOM of Choice. Thankfully, I am able to make one concerning this PARTICULAR BullSHITE Photo Stacking one.

Dec 4, 2021 9:36 AM in response to bruno75

This is awful. (A) I like to be able to see all the photos at once and like things in straight lines not whimsical angles. (B) When you have a full stack of photos it's really easy to miss the fact that it's more than one photo if you don't have perfect vision, if you're in low light, etc. This *at minimum* needs to be something that can be turned off for accessibility purposes, but I honestly see no benefit to it at all and prefer it's just gone entirely.

I got in a whole argument when someone was sending me photos of important documents that I thought they were sending the wrong one. "I need the other two though", "I already sent you all of them", "I only got one picture try again", "Maybe wait a minute - maybe the cell signal is bad here", "Oh - it's those stupid stacks of photos I bet", "%^&!#& these photo stacks, I have to figure out how to turn them off!"

Yeah - no luck with turning them off. Please get on it Apple. I need this gone pronto or I'm going to smash my phone.

Jan 5, 2022 8:21 PM in response to JimmieDurrant

I am becoming more and more disenchanted with Apple. I love in Safari where when you go to a new page, they call it “open in background where it used to be called a tab. What’s with that? Also, I can’t stand the fact that the pages reduce to small pages as opposed to tabs. Like somebody at Apple, or some committee decided this was an upgrade? I’m 72. This is a challenge to my eyesight.

Dec 13, 2021 5:00 PM in response to Jenbrooke

I just updated a couple of days ago and just realized this. I don't like it and really can't believe anyone asked for it. I could understand if someone sent 10 or more photos but this is absurd. Please let us turn it off. Also, everything in safari is relocated and it's been frustrating to get use to it. I don't think I can and that will be my next google search.

May 26, 2022 1:36 PM in response to GameBreaker

The BullSHITE with texted photos from my photo library is making me QUIT any future iPhone usage or purchases. And I purchased my very First Apple iPhone - the 2G Model in September 2007. There's been times of GOOD (mostly) and BAD throughout my progressions of iPhone models for the past 15 years, but this BullSHITE with the Overlapping Texted Photos - be it only 2 with partial blocking or 4 "grouped" - to **** with it. Just ABSURD that NO (Zero) Choice given. "F" THIS - I'm OUT!

How do I turn off the stacked photos in messages?? IOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.