Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the iPad Pro’s screen scratch resistant? (5th gen)

I tried looking for the answer for this question but I didn’t see anything for the newer versions of the ipad. I recently bought my first iPad Pro. I use this device with the Apple Pencil on a daily basis for work. So, I use it a lot. I do have a case for it and assuming I never drop this device, will the screen scratch over time? If so, I wouldn’t mind getting a screen protector for it to preserve it longer. 

So, the core of my question is, is the iPad Pro (5th Gen) scratch resistant?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 6:50 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 2, 2021 10:10 AM in response to MichelPM

Yup. Since my question, I went ahead and bought an OtterBox Defender case that comes with a cover protection.

And for anyone else reading this, yes, the iPad does scratch. I've not dropped it or anything. And I started to notice tiny scratches after wiping it with fiber cloth. That's when I decided to buy that expensive case for it.

Wouldv'e hoped it was scratch resistant to truly enjoy the colors of the screen to its full potential but hey a case will do and it's not too bad.

Is the iPad Pro’s screen scratch resistant? (5th gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.