Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending SMS/MMS messages to Android users?

Hey there, I recently converted to iOS and iPad with the iPhone 13. One of the biggest features I’m missing is the ability to text iOS or Android users from any device through the Android Messages website. I could text Apple or Android users from my PC, Tablet, or Phone and sync across them all without issue.

With the iPad it seems I can only send messages to other iMessage users, and there is no support for any texting at all on my PC. Is there any way to resolve this? As much as I’m liking quite a few things about the environment this seems like a relic from the past and honestly might be a platform switching dealbreaker for me.

Thanks in advance!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 8:06 PM

SMS messaging should be easily done from your new iPhone 13.

To be able to do this on your iPad, you need to setup message forwarding on your iPhone to basically setup and use your iPad as a remote texting device to your iPhone.

Tap the link below.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Best of Luck to You!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 8:06 PM in response to IBumpthis

SMS messaging should be easily done from your new iPhone 13.

To be able to do this on your iPad, you need to setup message forwarding on your iPhone to basically setup and use your iPad as a remote texting device to your iPhone.

Tap the link below.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Best of Luck to You!

Oct 4, 2021 9:30 PM in response to MichelPM

I completely missed the link but THANK YOU!

It solves half my problems. No native way to do it in PC is kind of a bummer but the iPad alone is a huge jump for when I’m sitting around the house. I really appreciate the link, my search terms were coming up with nothing but ancient threads on slightly related but not the same issues.

Sending SMS/MMS messages to Android users?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.