Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage and android not talking!

I am unable to send text messages from my phone to Android phone users. They can send to me but I am unable to send or respond to them. Texting works for iPhone-iPhone messaging, but not from my iPhone to an Android device. I have seen instructions to turn on/off my iMessage and FT settings, but this has not fixed the issue.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 4:21 PM

dld-support wrote:

I am unable to send text messages from my phone to Android phone users. They can send to me but I am unable to send or respond to them. Texting works for iPhone-iPhone messaging, but not from my iPhone to an Android device. I have seen instructions to turn on/off my iMessage and FT settings, but this has not fixed the issue.

Your issue is with text message SMS, not imessage. You will need to contact your cellphone provider to resolve the issue, that is their feature.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 4:21 PM in response to dld-support

dld-support wrote:

Your issue is with text message SMS, not imessage. You will need to contact your cellphone provider to resolve the issue, that is their feature.

Dec 31, 2021 9:48 AM in response to razmee209

I have the same (or similar problem). I can receive messages from Android users but cannot respond.

I can send a picture but cannot send text. Not even one letter.

I have compared message settings with another iPhone 12 user who is not experiencing any issue and setting are identical (except she has not updated from IOS 15.1.1).

I have the problem both on a wifi-only iPad and on my iPhone 12-mini. Both running ios/iPadOS 15.2.

imessage and android not talking!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.