Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hiding UPLOADED music in iTunes from Family Sharing.

Is there a way to hide music that was not purchased from the iTunes store from the Family Sharing? MOST of my iTunes music is uploads from CDs I own. I am sharing my music with my 9YO via her iPad, but I don't want her to have access to explicit lyrics. I love that we can now share a love of similar music styles, but some of the songs in my iTunes are completely inappropriate.

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 4:13 AM

Family sharing allows for the sharing of purchases. Content matched or uploaded to an iTunes Match or Apple Music subscription isn't included. As long as she is using a separate Apple ID, and you're not syncing all of the content from your local library to her device, then she shouldn't be seeing your uploaded music.

See also Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 4:13 AM in response to englishfreak2004

Family sharing allows for the sharing of purchases. Content matched or uploaded to an iTunes Match or Apple Music subscription isn't included. As long as she is using a separate Apple ID, and you're not syncing all of the content from your local library to her device, then she shouldn't be seeing your uploaded music.

See also Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

tt2

Hiding UPLOADED music in iTunes from Family Sharing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.