Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2FA for MacBook

Hi

I know I can chose to have 2FA for use with my 'Apple ID' but that's not what's on my mind..

My Macbook Pro Laptop currently requires a 'password' (different to my Apple ID Password) to open it.'

Anyone know if I can make it so that (in addition to needing that password to open it) a 2FA Token is also required?

(Note: My Macbook, although old, is running Big Sur, but does not (as far as I'm aware) benefit from either Fingerprint ID or Facial Recognition.)

Thanks in anticipation of any thoughts / comments (Much Appreciated).

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 6:16 AM

clickfix wrote:

Hi

I know I can chose to have 2FA for use with my 'Apple ID' but that's not what's on my mind..

My Macbook Pro Laptop currently requires a 'password' (different to my Apple ID Password) to open it.'
Anyone know if I can make it so that (in addition to needing that password to open it) a 2FA Token is also required?

(Note: My Macbook, although old, is running Big Sur, but does not (as far as I'm aware) benefit from either Fingerprint ID or Facial Recognition.)

Set up your Mac to be secure - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 6:16 AM in response to clickfix

clickfix wrote:

Hi

Set up your Mac to be secure - Apple Support

2FA for MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.