Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i mac problems

I have a 27" i mac about 10+ years old I'm getting lots of issues with Safari (Safari can't open the page)and cannot get my mail(AOL)

iMac 27″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 10:41 AM

This is likely because Safari, being an old version, is non-compliant with many web sites. Safari is installed with a Mac's operating system and can not normally be individually installed. The only way to upgrade Safari is to upgrade your computer's OS, if it is able to be upgraded. That will not guarantee access to all web sites, though. You might install another browser such as Firefox or Chrome. They can be individually upgraded.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 10:41 AM in response to nu7way

This is likely because Safari, being an old version, is non-compliant with many web sites. Safari is installed with a Mac's operating system and can not normally be individually installed. The only way to upgrade Safari is to upgrade your computer's OS, if it is able to be upgraded. That will not guarantee access to all web sites, though. You might install another browser such as Firefox or Chrome. They can be individually upgraded.

i mac problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.