Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Map a shortcut key(s) to the apple menu...?

Hi all:

Is it possible to map, say, the CMD key to the Apple logo/menu? You know, like Windows does...?

Thanks

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 10:15 AM

No, not just the Command (⌘) key as it's (pardon the pun) a key element in so many system and application menus and operations. You might be able to program a ⌘+F1 key combination (or other key) to do what you want. Or just the F1 key.

Here's some food for thought: I don't use Shortcuts but use a macro app: Keyboard Maestro. With it I can do almost anything like change Safari's Advanced settings with a simple 2 key combination:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 10:15 AM in response to shmengie

No, not just the Command (⌘) key as it's (pardon the pun) a key element in so many system and application menus and operations. You might be able to program a ⌘+F1 key combination (or other key) to do what you want. Or just the F1 key.

Here's some food for thought: I don't use Shortcuts but use a macro app: Keyboard Maestro. With it I can do almost anything like change Safari's Advanced settings with a simple 2 key combination:

Map a shortcut key(s) to the apple menu...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.