Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health problem of iphone 12 pro

Hi everyone!

I bought this phone (iphone 12pro) in december 2020. Now october 2021, and maximum capacity of battery now is 91%. It gets worse every week and decreases by 1% every time i check it.

is it normal? And what should i do?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 9:51 PM

Your battery is fine.

All batteries degrade. Inevitably. Inexorably. Always.

Review and follow this info: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Background on battery tech: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

When the battery goes from good (80% and up, and yours here is fine) to not good (below 80%), you can consider a battery replacement.

Otherwise, use your iPhone for what you bought it for. Which was probably not as a digital estimate of an analog battery.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 9:51 PM in response to sabas9

Your battery is fine.

All batteries degrade. Inevitably. Inexorably. Always.

Review and follow this info: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Background on battery tech: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

When the battery goes from good (80% and up, and yours here is fine) to not good (below 80%), you can consider a battery replacement.

Otherwise, use your iPhone for what you bought it for. Which was probably not as a digital estimate of an analog battery.

Oct 5, 2021 9:41 PM in response to sabas9

Yes it is normal in my point of view. I purchased my iPhone 12 Pro Max in December of 2020 as well. My battery health is at 89% and the other iPhone 12 Pro Max in the family, purchased at the same time, is at 90%. It is completely normal.

iPhone or any other phone's battery is a consumable product. It will degrade as time elapses. Apple recommends to have the battery replace when battery health reaches 80% or lower. That should be at about 2 years time.

I have learned to enjoy the $1300 iPhone and not worry at all about a $70 battery which I can replace after two years.

Axel F.

Battery health problem of iphone 12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.