Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to edit a copy-pasted phonenumber in the Phone-app before dailing? Where is the cursor???

Hi,

so when I copy a phone number from, say a website or another source like my messages and I paste it into the dailing compartment of the Phone-app, it does not let me edit this phone number after. For example the country-code is missing or I need to ad a few numbers in the middle, the cursor seems to be completely missing.

Why on earth would apple not allow to edit a phone number before dailing it?

Same occurs when copying or searching for a address in Apple Maps.

When I search for a street name without a house number and then I wanna ad the house number, I need to retyped the whole street name because I can not edit what I already searched for?

It can't be that Apple never thought of adding such a logical and simple function after 15 versions of IOS? This works in any other app or searchbar so it must be a bug on my phone or a setting I turned of right? Who can help me out, and maybe apple can look into solving this in the next update if it is not a bug on my particular phone?

Thanks a lot all,

Pan

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 9:20 AM

Hi SnickZ,

Thanks for the reply, any comment why it is like this? It kind of defeats the purpose of the copy/paste option. Editing is disabled and only deleting the whole number with backspace allows me to change country code. Same problem in Maps, can Apple comment why this function is disabled in these two important instances? Why is this so called expected behaviour? It would be amazing if this message could somehow reach the right people that could influence upcoming IOS updates as a suggestion for implementation.

Thanks a lot SnickZ for the quick reply!

Cheers, Pan

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 9:20 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hi SnickZ,

Thanks for the reply, any comment why it is like this? It kind of defeats the purpose of the copy/paste option. Editing is disabled and only deleting the whole number with backspace allows me to change country code. Same problem in Maps, can Apple comment why this function is disabled in these two important instances? Why is this so called expected behaviour? It would be amazing if this message could somehow reach the right people that could influence upcoming IOS updates as a suggestion for implementation.

Thanks a lot SnickZ for the quick reply!

Cheers, Pan

Oct 7, 2021 8:20 AM in response to Pans_dance

Hi Pans_dance,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're unable to edit a phone number in the Phone app. This is expected behavior. You can copy and paste a phone number on the keypad. In order to edit the phone number, you would need to delete by swiping on the phone number left or right or use the Backspace key near the bottom of the keypad.

You are welcome to provide feedback on this feature to Apple on their Product Feedback page.

Regards.

How to edit a copy-pasted phonenumber in the Phone-app before dailing? Where is the cursor???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.