Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NVRAM Reset - Macbook keeps restarting

Hello,

I'm trying to do an NVRAM reset on my macbook early 2011. I'm powering the macbook on, immediately holding option + command + P + R, the macbook restarts but then keeps restarting over and over again until i let go of the keys, at which point it will just start up as normal. Would really appreciate if someone's would help. I am trying to do the NVRAM reset so i can sell my old macbook.

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 9:09 AM

debanzie wrote:

Hello, thanks for your reply. I understand that the macbook is supposed to restart during this process. But mine is continually restarting (it did it 10 times in a row) until i finally release the keys and it just starts up as normal, no NVRAM reset...

I do not know how else to say it— that is how it works... That is the reset.

Once you let go of the keys it restarts, yes— your NVRAM was reset.

"... so i can sell my old macbook. "

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 9:09 AM in response to debanzie

debanzie wrote:

Hello, thanks for your reply. I understand that the macbook is supposed to restart during this process. But mine is continually restarting (it did it 10 times in a row) until i finally release the keys and it just starts up as normal, no NVRAM reset...

I do not know how else to say it— that is how it works... That is the reset.

Once you let go of the keys it restarts, yes— your NVRAM was reset.

"... so i can sell my old macbook. "

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

Oct 6, 2021 8:24 AM in response to debanzie

debanzie wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to do an NVRAM reset on my macbook early 2011. I'm powering the macbook on, immediately holding option + command + P + R, the macbook restarts but then keeps restarting over and over again until i let go of the keys, at which point it will just start up as normal. Would really appreciate if someone's would help. I am trying to do the NVRAM reset so i can sell my old macbook.

That is how it works.

Resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

NVRAM Reset - Macbook keeps restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.