Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing downloaded music from Mac

When I remove a downloaded song or album from iTunes on my iMac, why does it not appear in the trash? I was trying to free up some space on my iMac and thought removing the downloads would do that but I’m wondering as I don’t see anything show up in the trash.

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 10:49 AM

If you have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription then I believe when you use the right-click > remove download option the items in question are immediately removed from the computer without being sent to the trash. They remain available to you via a cloud link. When you delete tracks from the library you may get a prompt about deleting the files, and if those are deleted they should go to the trash.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 10:49 AM in response to ATHiker95

If you have an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription then I believe when you use the right-click > remove download option the items in question are immediately removed from the computer without being sent to the trash. They remain available to you via a cloud link. When you delete tracks from the library you may get a prompt about deleting the files, and if those are deleted they should go to the trash.

tt2

Removing downloaded music from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.