Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting an album from music library and from Music Folder on drive?

When I delete an album from my music library from the app on my iMac the album gets deleted but the songs remain in my music folder.

How do I delete the album from the library as well as the music folder?

( I do not receive the option to do this in the dialog box that pops up.)

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 5:47 AM

James,

That dialog only pops up if the file is located in your current media folder. (I assume this is to prevent people from deleting a file that another program may also be using.) As Pablo suggests, in that case you have to go to the file location to delete the file.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 5:47 AM in response to James Donnelly1

James,

That dialog only pops up if the file is located in your current media folder. (I assume this is to prevent people from deleting a file that another program may also be using.) As Pablo suggests, in that case you have to go to the file location to delete the file.

Deleting an album from music library and from Music Folder on drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.