Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no longer scan from my HP printer

Since the Mac os, I can no longer use Image Capture with my HP printer. I am unable to scan documents.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 3:23 PM

rkj1 Said:

"I can no longer scan from my HP printer: Since the Mac os, I can no longer use Image Capture with my HP printer. I am unable to scan documents."

-------

Remove/Add Printer:

Remove the printer, and then add it back. Get the drivers from none other than HP (or you might install malware). Once added, restart the Mac.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 3:23 PM in response to rkj1

rkj1 Said:

"I can no longer scan from my HP printer: Since the Mac os, I can no longer use Image Capture with my HP printer. I am unable to scan documents."

-------

Remove/Add Printer:

Remove the printer, and then add it back. Get the drivers from none other than HP (or you might install malware). Once added, restart the Mac.

Oct 6, 2021 6:15 PM in response to rkj1

Even though you are posting in the macOS High Sierra community are you actually running macOS Big Sur 11.6.

There has been a recent problem with Big Sur and scanning.

Try this.

Click once on your Desktop.

Click on Go in the menubar, select Go To Folder.

Enter this text,

/Library/Image Capture/Devices

press Go.

A new Finder window will open with Devices highlighted, open that folder

Control-click on the HPScanner.app and select Open from the submenu.

Now try scanning.

If the above does not help then tell us the exact model of HP printer you have an

which OS your mac is using.

I can no longer scan from my HP printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.