Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I unpaired my GPS/Cellular apple watch by not choosing to do an update on it. Does that automatically remove the cellular carrier plan too? I am selling it so I want to make sure there is nothing left to do.

Theres been an update for my apple watch for some time but I have been bypassing it. Today I went to unpair it and it asked to update, I declined again and it prompted to continue update or unpair. I am planning on selling it anyways so I chose to unpair it.

My main question is since it is a GPS/cellular model, do I have to "remove the carrier" from the device still or does unpairing already do that? I just want to make sure there are no traces before getting rid of it.

Thank you in advance.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 5:58 PM

Remove your cellular plan

If you have an Apple Watch with cellular, you can remove the cellular plan at any time.

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, tap Cellular, then tap  next to your cellular plan.
  3. Tap Remove [name of carrier] Plan, then confirm your choice.
  4. You may need to contact your carrier to remove this Apple Watch from your cellular plan.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 5:58 PM in response to carrie233

Remove your cellular plan

If you have an Apple Watch with cellular, you can remove the cellular plan at any time.

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, tap Cellular, then tap  next to your cellular plan.
  3. Tap Remove [name of carrier] Plan, then confirm your choice.
  4. You may need to contact your carrier to remove this Apple Watch from your cellular plan.

I unpaired my GPS/Cellular apple watch by not choosing to do an update on it. Does that automatically remove the cellular carrier plan too? I am selling it so I want to make sure there is nothing left to do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.