Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop the robo calls

How to stop the robo calls and collection calls starts with 1 specific area code

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 10:20 PM

To silence unknown callers open settings and find phone, in phone tap silence unknown callers and turn on this option.

this will silence people and others who are not in your contacts.

Hope this helps.

5 replies

Oct 6, 2021 9:34 PM in response to senthilgc

Easiest? Mute all unrecognized numbers. Send’m all to voicemail.

There are tools in the app store which purport to reduce spam, though I’m somewhat skeptical as the callers—like email spammer that spoof sending addresses—will spoof calling numbers.

Your carrier might have some options here.

Let your legislative representatives know about hour concerns here, too.

Oct 6, 2021 9:45 PM in response to senthilgc

You can do the following:

Open Phone App -> Recents -> [click on (i) behind the number -> Block this Caller.

The caller won't be able to call you anymore. It will not ring, and you won't see or know if they tried again. They are blocked. If they try, they won't know you blocked them, but their call will go to no man's land.

PS: I would not block an entire area code because you might be blocking legit callers. Usually, spam calls come from the same number or a block of about ten different ones.

How to stop the robo calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.