Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app

I saw the response to the question about not being able to add cities to the weather app, and I tried the official response, but it doesn’t work—there is no “add” button or “plus” sign to tap on. The only option is “cancel” and it just takes me back to the search page. I was able to add cities in September but can’t now. I also, by the way, tried turning off my phone and turning it back on, but that didn’t help. So, how does one add cities on the iPhone weather app?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 5:14 AM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2021 7:20 AM in response to noviceatmac

Hi noviceatmac, 

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities today. Let’s see if we can help you add and remove locations in the Weather app as you need.

To edit your weather locations, you will first want to look for and tap the three lines found in the lower-right of the display. Here you can add and delete locations.

Next, you will see three dots inside a circle when looking at the upper-right corner of the display. Tap there to see your options.

For details see “Add, delete, and rearrange locations in your weather list” found in Check the weather on your iPhone.

Reach back out if you still need assistance.

Have a great weekend!

Oct 8, 2021 10:11 AM in response to mingoslkd

Hello, mingoslkd, and thanks for responding. I can tap on the three lines at the lower-right corner, which brings up the display with the list of cities I've already added. At the top of the screen, there's nothing to tap on. At the bottom of the screen, lower-right corner, is a "search" icon. Tapping on that allows me to enter a city, zip, etc. But when I tap on the suggested entry, the display is for the locale I wish to add, without three dots inside a circle at the upper-right corner. The only available option is in the upper-left corner, which is "cancel." In answer to the reply from celliott147 (below), my iphone iOS is 14.8. There is an "Upgrade to iOS 15" button I can click on at the bottom of the Settings>Software Update screen. Would that make a difference? I appreciate your help.

Weather app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.