Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated projects not showing in external Hard Drive

When I right click on a library and select "Show Package Contents", all the events show up, but the folder that once appeared is no longer there. Can anyone tell me why "Updated Projects" no longer appears in the list. They used to appear in my finder. I have multiple libraries spread over multiple external hard drives and only one has Updated Projects folder appearing. I'm using 10.5.4 FCP and I have a MacBook Pro with 11.6 as the OS. Any help would be appreciated and I can provide more information or screen shots if needed. Thank You, Drew

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 10:32 AM

That's what I was asking. Was this a library that was at one time updated from early versions of FCPX, pre version 10.1? That used to have an Updated Projects event. I don't have any libraries that show this any more. Does the library not work correctly, or you're just asking out of curiosity? It's possible the library database got damaged at some point.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 10:32 AM in response to drewras

That's what I was asking. Was this a library that was at one time updated from early versions of FCPX, pre version 10.1? That used to have an Updated Projects event. I don't have any libraries that show this any more. Does the library not work correctly, or you're just asking out of curiosity? It's possible the library database got damaged at some point.

Oct 7, 2021 8:21 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I use Show Package Content to keep track of what I have on each H/D by periodically taking screen shots of each driver content. Secondly I'm sure that all libraries used to have a folder that was titles Updated Projects at the top of the package contents list. all my libraries have a smart collections folder in corresponding library in FCP and a projects sub-folder under that.

Oct 7, 2021 8:02 AM in response to drewras

First of all, you should not mess with the innards of the library, and only use Show Package Contents with good reason.

Second, why are you expecting something called "Updated Projects", and where?

What was supposed to be there? The folders inside the contents of a library correspond to the events in that library.

Did your library have an Event by that name?

It is only normal that most libraries do NOT have something called "Updated Projects".

You have to tell us more clearly your motivation for looking inside the contents and what it is that seems to be missing, specifically.

Oct 7, 2021 8:34 AM in response to drewras

I could not find a single library amongst mine that has an "Updated Projects" folder.

What you show in your last screenshot is one of the "library smart collections" in FCP. This is something that is extracted from the library database, and not physically stored in any folder. The contents of this and other smart collections are implicit and they are updated automatically by the application.

Their existence is not in any way tied with that folder you mentioned, as you can easily check by opening a library in FCP.

Oct 7, 2021 9:04 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I understand what you are saying, but all I'm saying, and I don't think I'm crazy, is that if you look at the second picture in my first screenshot, clearly there is a folder with the name Updated Projects that FCP put there, and I swear that it used to appear in other libraries. All I'm trying to do is figure out why it used be in every other library and since the update it doesn't, except for the one library. It just seems weird to me, and I'm a curious person. But if you think I should drop my inquiry and get on with my life then I will. Thank you for taking the time, but I'm still baffled by this situation. Once again thank you

Oct 7, 2021 10:48 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

That's what I was looking for. I figured that was the case of a change due to an update, but I wasn't sure. I have several external drives that I use for my videos that aren't used, except when I need to access them, as they have videos that I don't work on all the time. They were from before FCP was updated, so that they retained their old configuration and fie structure. The libraries work fine, but as you correctly surmised, I was only curious as to why this happened. Thank you for clearing this up for me, I appreciate it.

Updated projects not showing in external Hard Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.