Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice recordings made on Apple Watch not syncing to iPhone or Icloud

I've followed the instructions in prior answers to turn on Icloud syncing, but my voice recordings made on my Apple Watch are not yet showing up on my iPhone. They're linked, and both are running updated systems (series 4 running watchOS 8.0 and a 2016 SE running iOS 15.0). Ideas?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 1:49 PM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2021 1:49 PM in response to JenniferDotson

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Nov 1, 2021 11:22 AM in response to JenniferDotson

This is what worked for me.

All I did was restart my iPad first, then iPhone next, then my Apple Watch, in that order. I did not shut them down at the same time or together, but one at a time and only when one was up and running, I’d shut down the next device, etc. and it worked! I, too, am afraid of erasing data even if my information is already backed up.

Hope this helps.

Voice recordings made on Apple Watch not syncing to iPhone or Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.