Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get Apple Music songs and non-Apple Music songs on my iphone?

I have been collecting music for decades. Obviously, most of that was not downloaded through the Apple Music subscription. This includes a lot of stuff that is either not licensed to Apple, or is imported and not licensed for sale in the US, at all. It seems that if I want to select the music on my phone, I can either turn on Cloud music sync and download albums that are only available from Apple Music OR, I can turn off Cloud sync and download whatever music is on my computer BUT NOT anything that was downloaded from Apple Music.

Is this the case? How do I transfer Apple Music songs, and songs that I already own, to the same iPhone? I am tempted to ditch Apple Music and go back to buying albums, outright.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 8:54 PM

Hi. You can do separate downloads of music using your computer. Save the downloaded file to your itunes then connect your phone then sync. And its all in your phone.

Thanks. Have a great day.

1 reply

how to get Apple Music songs and non-Apple Music songs on my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.