Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to share my playlist on Apple Music

I’m trying to share a playlist that one of my good friends has been constantly remind me to send them. I have one playlist of 256 songs, 14 hours & 12 minutes, & it gives me the share option. Now the playlist that I’m trying to send is 222 songs, 11 hours & 30 minutes but for some reason doesn’t give me the share option. So I believe it has nothing to do with the amount of songs or hours Etc. Some playlists allow the share option but some don’t?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 8:33 AM

i had the same issue. For some reason old playlists don’t show this as an option. If you click the three dots in the top right and then click to add to a new playlist and just recreate your playlist again it should pop up as an option and then give you the ability to share the playlist

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2021 8:33 AM in response to pjoalfa

i had the same issue. For some reason old playlists don’t show this as an option. If you click the three dots in the top right and then click to add to a new playlist and just recreate your playlist again it should pop up as an option and then give you the ability to share the playlist

Oct 15, 2021 1:08 PM in response to thaliaat

Hi Thaliaat,

It appears as an option with iOS 15.0.1 for us. It could be that you are not on this version or the newest iOS 15.0.2 (currently). If not, back up anything important and get up to date in order to test it out: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're stilling missing the option, then it may be best to connect with Apple directly: Get Support

Wishing you well, take care.

Oct 9, 2021 9:26 AM in response to thaliaat

Hello thaliaat,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't share specific playlists within Apple Music. We'll do our best to assist.

Go to the playlist that won't allow you to share it.

Then go to three dots on the top right side > Edit, select "Show on My Profile and in Search".

Once you've done this, it should save this and you can tap 'Done'.

Tap the three dots again to see if 'Share' shows up.

Now you should be able to share the playlist, since it's more available to the public.

Explained here: How to share an Apple Music playlist

Hoping this helps out, take care.

Unable to share my playlist on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.