Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color settings in Notes app

So when I'm using the notes application, I decided to change the font and noticed the color could be changed from the Format > Font > Show Font menu. However, it also allowed me to select another color setting as well and when I enable the "show preview" option, the text is an orange color that I selected, and then the background a green. When I exit the Font option's window, and start typing it was with my new font in the color selection I chose, but the page color was unchanged. I reopened the Font menu and now it no longer allows me to change the green color (which appeared to be a color option to change the page, even though I've read online that you cannot change the page color in notes).

Does anyone know what the other color option is or how to make it available to edit again?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 11:58 AM

There is no way to change the background color in Notes. I assume it shows a change in color with "Show Preview" because Apple did not disable it just for the Notes app.

1 reply

Color settings in Notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.