Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stream Apple Music hi res to my 2 channel stereo?

I have a hi end 2 channel stereo I want stream Apple Music in hi res to. Currently using a Bluesound Node 2i. But that does not support Apple Music natively. I have another Node 2i and some Sonos devices. I am just looking for a streamer that support Apple Music in Hi Res.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 7:41 AM

• High Resolution Lossless like 24/96 is best done plugging an iOS device to a USB DAC then to amp.

If you have an AVR, it might be ready to go with its own DAC. See owners manual.

• Lossless via Airplay to your Bluesound Node 2i should be great for 16/44.1. I’d start with that since it is easy and what you have,
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2021 7:41 AM in response to pcwest

• High Resolution Lossless like 24/96 is best done plugging an iOS device to a USB DAC then to amp.

If you have an AVR, it might be ready to go with its own DAC. See owners manual.

• Lossless via Airplay to your Bluesound Node 2i should be great for 16/44.1. I’d start with that since it is easy and what you have,

Oct 16, 2021 6:21 AM in response to pcwest

I'm told that the only way to stream Apple Lossless with full bandwidth is to connect to your device via Apple Airplay, i.e., connect using WiFi.

As of now, Bluetooth connections don't support Apple's Lossless format.

Having connected to my home sound system using both Bluetooth and Air Play, I can say that the Air Play connection is far superior, and it allows you to hear Apple Lossless the way it's meant to be heard.

How can I stream Apple Music hi res to my 2 channel stereo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.